Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Post Mock Interview Reflection

 How do you feel the interview went overall? 

I felt the interview went great. I was encouraged when I left the zoom room! I felt confident in my self and my ability to answer questions on the spot. Although this experience was different from previous years, I still felt like this was a beneficial practice interview.

How did you prepare for the interview?

I did some reasearch on the facility prior to the interview. I looked into their variety of services, locations and hiring information. I also thought about some questions I would want to ask at the end of the interview. I adapted my cover letter to be properly addressed to the person conducting my interview. I also made sure my resume was fully updated and professional. 

What, if anything, went differently than you expected?

The question about salary caught me a little off guard. I know its important to discuss but when I said my numbers I could not tell what my interviewer thought. I said the average amount an OT makes in Memphis and felt like I was wrong. I also was not as prepared to talk about whereI see myself in the next 5 years. I answered that I would like to be pursing a specialization and got good feedback from my interviewer

What's something you would change if you could go through this process again (or something you'll do differently when you're in a real-life interview situation)?

I would do more research on salary and come prepared with the average numbers for the area. I would also try to word my areas of growth more clearly. I did fine in the interview expressing my "weaknesses" but stumbled a little in the beginning. 

What's something you learned during this process that may be helpful to you as you prepare to enter the workforce as an OT practitioner?

I learned that I should always come prepared, do my research and have at least two questions for my interviewer. I asked mine about their variety of actions and if an OT would work at one or travel around. I also asked what quality from your OT's makes them the most successful or which quality do you think is most important for your new hire OT's. This made her feel like I was prepared and did my research on the facility. I really enjoyed this experience and it gave me a real taste of what's to come post graduation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment